Getting started with LexisNexis Digital Library
With the LexisNexis Digital Library, you can find legal texts and other materials (like professional development books), then read them digitally.
With the LexisNexis Digital Library from OverDrive, you can do your book research digitally on any device, anytime—even offline.
When you open the LexisNexis Digital Library for the first time, enter the library code provided by your organization, then sign in.
To find ebooks, use the search bar or go to the Browse library screen to browse subjects and collections.
In addition to legal texts, your organization may offer other free materials, like professional development ebooks and more.
Use tags to organize ebooks in the library however you like. You can create as many as you need and label them however you prefer, like by case, project number, subject, and more.
Start reading most ebooks simply by selecting Read. You can open these ebooks whenever you need to—they're always available.
By default, if you're on Wi-Fi, all your ebooks will automatically download for offline use, as long as you're using the Chrome, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser or the LexisNexis Digital Library app.
Some ebooks are available in limited quantities. You can borrow these ebooks for a limited amount of time, or place holds on them if they're already in use.
Once you're reading an ebook, you can make annotations, which you can easily organize, sort, and find under My annotations. You can also add your annotations to the Export queue and export them as CSV or PDF.
The My books screen shows your reading history, so you can quickly pick up where you left off in any ebook.
Get the LexisNexis Digital Library to start reading today!
Then, enter the library code provided by your organization and sign in.
Navigating the digital library
You'll find the main navigation for the digital library on the left side of your screen, including:
- Home: See your recent books, annotations, and tags.
- Browse library: Browse collections or subjects. To look for a specific title or author, use the search bar at the top of any page.
- My books: See your reading history and easily pick up a title where you left off.
- My annotations: View, search, and filter the annotations you've made in ebooks. Learn more about annotations.
- Export queue: Export or copy annotations from one or more ebooks. Learn more about the export queue.
- My tags: View the tags you've created and the titles you've added to each tag. Learn more about tags.
Note: If you're using the LexisNexis Digital Library app, tap in the top-left corner to see these navigation options.
If you're using Chrome, Firefox, Edge (Chromium), or the LexisNexis Digital Library app, you can download titles for offline use.